Monday, July 18, 2016

Encourage Someone! No, I Meant Now!

Sitting in on another church's bible study recently, I was really challenged and impressed with the youth minister who led the time with his students.

Afterwards, I simply told him how much I appreciated his teaching and how much I was blessed by it. He thanked me, but didn't say much more.

The next day, this youth minister pulled me aside to thank me again. When I told him it wasn't necessary, this long-time youth minister said, "I've never been complimented by a pastor."

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:24

There is no place for competition among Christians. In my early days in ministry, I couldn't have enjoyed his teaching. I would have tried to think about whether he was better than me or how I would do it better.

Encouragement is like pizza...you can never have enough! Look for ways to encourage your kids, spouse, friends, and ministers. You have no idea how much it may mean to somebody. Oh, and do it now! Send a text, FB message, on the phone, or even face to face. I'm constantly reminded how a few seconds can really brighten someone's day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment