Monday, October 26, 2015

God is your Flavor Flav!

Rap is an art form. 


But even the best rappers realize that lyrics and rhythms aren't enough. As the artist Lateef said:

"You're gonna have to have somebody say something somewhere to give you a breath!"

That someone is the hype man. And that's where Flavor Flav comes in.
(Not recommended for worship leading)

Flavor Flav wasn't the first hype man, but he is widely known as the best. Flav's main role was simple: hype the main rapper so he doesn't have to hype himself. 

"And I WILL make of you a great nation, and I WILL bless you and make your name great...I WILL bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I WILL curse." Genesis 12:2-3

God made clear to Abraham, anything good in his life came by the work of God. The longer I serve in ministry, the more I realize that my prayerfulness is always more valuable than my preparation. 

Are you doing a killer job in your service to the Lord? Then let God hype you. If you're just seeking praise from people, the Bible says you'd better be satisfied with that (Matthew 6:1).

So today, how about you and I do great acts for God regardless of whether we get credit or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment