Monday, July 6, 2015

Can You Question God?

"Because answers exist only to questions." -Mungara Krishnamurti

Second Sermon is changing. It's been a great opportunity to sharpen my skill and focus on where my writing should go.

My passion is to drive myself and you to a greater devotion to the Bible and to prayer. So my writing will direct that way, and I hope you find it to be a benefit. In fact, this entire site will get a face lift and update very soon. So thanks for your comments and with that....


Is it OK to question God? Reading in Job 38, God begins His response to many of Job's questions and complaints with a pretty strong response:

"Dress for action like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me." Job 38:3

God's response to Job doesn't mean you should never ask God questions. The test is whether you are asking questions of God, or simply questioning God.


For example, the prophet Habakkuk asked God questions. Job questioned what in the heck God was thinking!

We all go through trials and difficulties as a believer, and when those days come, it's OK to be honest with God and ask Him questions. But be careful that you are seeking answers instead of assigning blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment