Saturday, September 17, 2016

I Write For the Dead

You shouldn't be able to read this.

I shouldn't be writing this.

I should be dead.

I was scheduled to die on a Tuesday in 1977.

But my teenage mother chose life, and so here I am.

I have been used to impact lives and souls.

I was the first in my family to graduate college.

I have allowed my heart to go walking outside my body on 3 separate occasions.
(My favorite quote on what it's like to have children)

I have led churches.

Don't try to tell me that one life doesn't matter. 


Many will allow an issue like the economy or national defense to drive their votes in November. And while I believe those are important issues, how did protecting life ever fall from #1?

We have forgotten who we are. We are a nation that was founded to provide opportunities for "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." And yet, we find all three terribly skewed in 2016 America. I could write for an hour on those points alone.

What if our two terrible presidential candidates are a result of losing some great leaders among the 58 million U.S. abortions since Roe v. Wade? Imagine every person in California and Florida suddenly vaporized. That's 58 million people. 58 million ideas and dreams never permitted to strengthen America.

Will I be voting for President this year? No, because I'm tired of voting AGAINST a candidate instead of voting FOR a someone. But, I will be voting. Research your candidates. Vote for local office. Cast votes for strong congressional leaders to impact Washington. America is much more than a President. And voting for a candidate you don't believe in only sustains our broken two-party system. 

Abraham Lincoln said we are government of the people, by the people, for the people. It's time we acted like it as an informed, engaged, and voting electorate.

During this election season, there are many important issues we need to consider as a nation. However, no issue will define us more than how we treat the most innocent and helpless among us. As one who escaped our own national holocaust, I want to speak loudly with my voice and my vote that LIFE MATTERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment