Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Easiest Bible You'll Ever Carry!

How do you lead 30 people to Christ without the Bible? The short answer is, you don't. Scripture is a necessary component for introducing someone to Jesus as Savior. And so it's notable that Pastor Saeed Abedini has led 30 fellow prisoners to Christ since being imprisoned two years ago in Iran for his faith without ready access to the Bible.

In fact, Iranian officials have threatened to extend his 8 year prison sentence if he doesn't stop leading fellow inmates to faith in Jesus Christ. 

This really got my attention when I read of this development back in May. I realized there could only be one way he was leading those men to Jesus. It was with a secret Bible that he had brought into the prison with Him. The guards can't get to it and the pages never fray. That's because this Bible has been internally stored within Saeed.

      "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." -Psalm 119:11

God hasn't called us to download YouVersion to our phones to prove we love scripture. God has called us to read His Word AND to commit it to memory. As a result, we will be ready for:

  • every temptation
  • every challenge
  • every opportunity to win one for Jesus.


I encourage you to check out Scripturetyper.com to help you in 2015. It's a free website that helps you memorize scripture as you type verses out for a few minutes a day. I have quickly been able to hide new verses in my heart that have strengthened me personally, and allowed me to encourage others during quick moments, without even pulling out my Bible or phone.

So are you going to use that tired excuse about not being able to memorize scripture, or are you going to allow God's Word to penetrate your heart and be available when you need it most?

No comments:

Post a Comment